In order to stay true to our values and ensure that we maintain our Pro-Active culture on each and every job, it is important that we stay ahead of the curve when it comes to technology! One of the most important technologies we utilize at Pro-Craft is BIM (Building Information Modeling), which is a system that allows us to collaborate on the planning, design, and construction of a project to significantly reduce any risk of error, and ultimately cut time and money spent.
The BIM process is incredibly useful to us, and we wouldn’t be able to complete our process with as much accuracy and efficiency without it. Here is the overview of our 13-step BIM process.
- Start with the model generated by Plumbing Engineers Revit or AutoCAD, using generic piping materials.
- Use Sysque to convert the generic materials into approved plumbing products.
- Generate pencil draft drawings of necessary changes from the first model to make it accurate and constructible. Most of our RFI’s are written during this part of the process.
- Send pencil draft drawings to the detailer to update the plumbing systems within the model.
- Coordinate the Architectural and Structural elements and relocate plumbing piping.
- Coordinate with the other project trades to resolve potential issues and reserve the spacing required for our piping systems and equipment.
- Create plumbing shop drawings and submit them to the contractor for approval.
- After the shop drawings have been approved and returned, we create the spool drawings and Bill Of Materials (BOM’s) by system.
- Input all the approved information into PlanGrid for the rest of the team to reference.
- Send BOM with previously created PO numbers to the purchasing department for processing.
- Receive spool materials from vendors and stage for processing.
- Prefabricate from spool information within the PlanGrid program.
- Ship material and prefabrication to the jobsite for installation.
Why We Love BIM
BIM has changed the game for us when it comes to living up to our Signature of Quality. We are so grateful for the changes it has brought to our process and to the overall improvement in our work. It allows us to work smarter and meet and exceed our Pro-Craft Guarantee, every single time, without fail.